Search The FilmMasons archive

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Jaws On Blu-Ray


Mark your calenders fish fans, Jaws is coming to Blu-ray on August the 14th. And boy does it look like we are in for a treat, fully restored from the original negative (as you can see by the video above, it was a painstaking process) 7.1 sound and an boat load of extras, including the incredible Jaws documentary 'The Shark Is Still Working'.

As excited as I am for this release, and the forth coming Indiana Jones release later in the year, in the back of my mind it always annoys me that Spielberg won't be doing a commentary track, not now, not ever. I respect his reasons, but as a rabid fan, I want my commentary Steven!

With a little bit over four months to wait, you can just sit quietly in your favourite Blu-ray retail store and quietly hum the Jaws theme while you wait, I'm sure they won't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment